Saturday, February 2, 2013

Left Out

Being infertile doesn't just mean missing out on the experience of being a parent. It's also missing out on relationships with parents in your life. I don't go on outings to the zoo or have play dates with friends or family. I don't have anything to say in a conversation about pregnancy, childbirth, vaccinations, bullies, parenting methods, or diapers. I don't have kids' sporting events or performances to invite family to. I just can't relate to or connect with parents. I feel uninteresting because I don't have parenting experiences to talk about. I feel left out.

2 comments:

  1. You are so not uninteresting. Your job and life are fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact a lot of people think I'm uninteresting because I'm just a mom

      Delete