Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reassurance

Here's what was going on in my world this morning: 
  • woke up to the fact that, yet again, I'm not pregnant this month.
  • praying and fasting to get pregnant.
  • a friend's baby blessing this morning.
  • right after that, dropping off a birthday gift for our friends' baby who's turning one.
  • mentally and emotionally preparing for Mother's Day next Sunday and the time spent during church each week practicing singing songs to mothers with the children I teach.
With all of that on my mind, I started preparing my lesson for the four-year-olds I teach in church. I opened my manual to find that the title of the lesson was, "Prayers are Answered in the Best Way." Here's an excerpt from the lesson:

Explain that Zacharias and Elisabeth were both righteous people, and they had prayed for a baby for many years. Now they were both old, and they still did not have a child.
Explain that Zacharias was surprised and a little frightened when he first saw the angel in the temple. Read aloud what the angel said to Zacharias from Luke 1:13–14:
 13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
 14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Explain that what the angel promised did happen, and Zacharias and Elisabeth had a baby boy.
Emphasize that Heavenly Father had heard all of Zacharias and Elisabeth’s prayers. Until now, though, it was not time for their child to be born. The angel told Zacharias that the baby, John, would grow up to be a great prophet, John the Baptist. John was born at this time so that he could prepare many people to believe in Jesus Christ and follow him.
Explain that sometimes, like Elisabeth and Zacharias, we pray for something that will be good for us later but not yet. Heavenly Father hears all our prayers and answers them in the ways and times that are best for us.

Wow. Exactly what I needed. Dave and I were incredibly grateful for the reassurance from Heavenly Father that not only is He aware of what is going on in our lives, but that He has great things in store for us - just not yet. 

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your prayers are being answered--at least little ones to let you know Heavenly Father is aware of you. Yea!

    ReplyDelete