Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Anonymity of the Internet

I read a lot of infertility blogs and I post on an online infertility support community website (http://www.inspire.com/groups/finding-a-resolution-for-infertility/) and I really open myself up in those situations. I connect with people I have never seen or met and likely never will. Lately I have been wanting to write more, hence this blog. I have been nervous about sharing it with my friends and family, though. I don't talk about infertility with them much, unless they're going through it, too. I am comfortable opening up my heart and soul to people I don't know, but it's much harder to open it up to people that I do know. That is one of the downsides of the internet. We learn to communicate and be very open as long as it's anonymously. Once we have a name and a face, it gets more frightening. I think that that is unhealthy. Hopefully this blog will keep me healthy and help me to open up more with those close to me about what I'm going through. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog is a great idea. It will help you share your thoughts and feelings and will help us be able to see a part of what you are going through. We love you guys and pray for you every single night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. It is interesting how we can open ourselves up to people who don't know us but we feel so nervous to around the people we know. It is amazing when you do open up, how responsive and loving people really can be. It is a risk both ways, but I have found it to be more positive.

    ReplyDelete