Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Announcement

I am not seeing a doctor again until next year (besides my dad, and soon my brother, but that's beside the point).
I now only take 3 pills daily instead of 7.
Dave can retire from his job as a part-time nurse, giving me injections.
I'm not looking online every month, re-reading the same articles about early pregnancy symptoms.
I'm done charting!

Yes, Dave and I are finally saying goodbye to fertility treatments. We threw a party to celebrate.




I invited friends who are also experiencing infertility and we wrote our frustrations with infertility on a doctor's coat. 


Then we burned it. 



My fantastic friends who came to my party and who have supported me throughout this awful journey. 
What's next, you ask?

Foster parenting!


5 comments:

  1. Love your party, cupcakes, ceremony - love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I'm so excited for you! This will be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there!!! So happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for every journey there is always a destination. Indeed, not many things in life work out the way we expect. I do hope your new journey gives you the joy you dream of.

    Btw. There is now a new ivf procedure that hopes to increase the chances of success while slatching the cost by more than a half. Read the story here: http://ivfinfertilityhelp.com/cost-ivf/

    ReplyDelete