Monday, November 14, 2011

Update

Well, we hit the 5-year mark recently. We also hit the 6-month mark of being on Metformin. I think that Metformin is supposed to have worked by now. Dr. Stanford doesn't know why I'm not pregnant yet. He recommended doing some ultrasound monitoring to see if I'm really ovulating or just having what's called an "ovulatory event," which looks just like ovulation but the egg isn't being released. I tried doing the ultrasounds last month but there was a miscommunication between Dr. Stanford and the clinic where I did the first ultrasound about who was supposed to tell me when to come back for the next one. No one did. I waited and waited and then on Halloween Dr. Stanford finally called back and said that it was too late in my cycle to do any more ultrasounds and we'll have to wait until next month. That night, Dave gave out candy and I hid out in the basement so that I didn't have to see all of the adorable children and happy parents. We didn't decorate or dress up (or dress up Kira, even though we had a cute costume for her). Things really haven't looked up since then, either. Just more waiting...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the missed cycle. Hopefully this month the clinics will be more on top of things! I'm praying for you.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete