Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grief

Last week at church we were singing the sacrament hymn and I looked up from the hymn book and saw an adorable little boy sitting on the pew in front of me, looking at me. I smiled at him and then turned back to my hymn book, thinking, "We need to start sitting on the front row again. It's too hard seeing all of these happy families with children all around us." The moment I thought that, I sang the words, "Here's love and grief beyond degree." I was struck by the Spirit telling me that Christ knows my grief. He has felt "grief beyond degree." He also has "love beyond degree." He loves me and wants to comfort me in this trial. I felt comforted at that moment. I then turned to my scriptures and found this verse in Isaiah 53:4, "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows."  He understands my grief and wants to carry my sorrows for me. I am so grateful to know that and to be able to rely on His strength through this trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment